**** NEWS FLASH ****
FUSION LEADS ON
NEW SA CHEF QUALIFICATION
FIRST ACCREDITED SCHOOL
Chef Shaun was nominated as the Chef CEP representative to the National Artisan Moderation Body (NAMB) for the New QCTO Qualification and Trade Test being developed with SA Chefs Assocation (SACA) and the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET) to replace all existing chef qualifications in South Africa in the next 3 years.
Chef Shaun as the elected CEP representative helped put the Techincal Working Group team together to develop the external integrated summative assessment specifications (Trade Test). Fusion was the first school in KZN accredited by the QCTO in 2015 and has been running the Occupational Certificate Chef programme for over 3 years. Consequently, Fusion offers a unique edge on the new upcoming Chef Qualification with this experience.
Chef Shaun was also appointed the Department of Higher Education (DHET) South African National Expert for WorldSkills - and travelled to Brazil in August 2015 with the South African young chef competitor, Tayla Schou, also from The Fusion Cooking School. Chef Tayla was nominated as the Worldskills Ambassador for Africa on the Worldskills Champions Trust committee.
Chef Shaun also travelled to Abu Dhabi in October 2017 with another young chef competitor, Monique Dunn, also from The Fusion Cooking School. Chef Monique won the prestigious Medal of Excellence as well as the Best in Country Medal.
Chef Shaun was the Deputy Chief Expert at the Abu Dhabi competition, and has been elected the international Chief Expert for the Kazan (Russia) competition in August 2019.
SEE OUR AFFORDABLE PAYMENT TERMS TO STUDY AT FUSION
and still get the best qualification
download the 2018 prospectus here.
Apply now for 2018
The Fusion Cooking School is a privately owned Chef School started and run by Chefs Shaun Smith and Caryn England.
Chefs Shaun and Caryn
Chefs Tayla, Candice & Zazz
**** COMPETITIONS NEWS FLASH ****
FUSION NETS 2 OLYMPIC BRONZE MEDALS
Fusion is extremely proud of our
TWO Olympic Bronze Medalists
Chefs Tayla Schou and Zandria De Nobrega Platt represented South Africa at the Culinary Olympics in Germany, and won bronze medals.
FUSION COMPETITION SUCCESSES 2016
• Winner SA national Chaine des Rôtisseurs Young Chef of the Year 2016 - Zandria (Zazz) De Nobrega
• Finalist International Chaine des Rôtisseurs Young Chef of the Year 2016, Manchester UK - Zandria (Zazz) De Nobrega
• Finalist Unilever Regional Chef of the Year 2016 Juniors - Tayla Schou
• Finalist Unilever Regional Chef of the Year 2016 Juniors - Monique Dunn
• Olympic Bronze Medalist Culinary Olympics 2016, SA Junior Culinary Team, Erfurt Germany - Zandria (Zazz) De Nobrega (Team Captain)
• Olympic Bronze Medalist Culinary Olympics 2016, SA Junior Culinary Team, Erfurt Germany - Tayla Schou
• Winner KZN regional Chaine des Rôtisseurs Young Chef of the Year 2016 - Tayla Schou
• Bronze Medalist Alen Thong Golden Coffee Cup Challange 2016, SA Junior Culinary Team, Abu Dhabi - Zandria (Zazz) De Nobrega
Congrats to Chefs Zazz and Tayla who are part of the National SA Junior culinary team.
Chef Zazz is the Pastry chef and also the Team Captain of the Junior Culinary Team